Tuesday 1 May 2012

Mudslides

Mud was the calling of the day today.  It was a relatively clear afternoon, so Tony & I (Lucja) needed to head out to reccie the last leg of our route that we are responsible for, so we cheated a bit and jumped on the train to Wolverhampton, found cycle route 81 and ploughed our way to the Park Inn West Bromwich.  What would be very lovely canal paths are now very muddy play fields, whilst chasing the aggresive geese away, nasty little devils, we slip slided our way along the tow path, through a 300m dark tunnel and made it safely, albeit rather disgracefully muddy to Park Inn West Brom. 
I don't think the receptionist believed who we were so lucky for us, Alan, the Operations Manager recognised us in our garb and swiftly organised us a lovely hot tea & coffee for our troubles.  Route sorted, we made our way back to Telford (yes on the train, it was nearly 7.30pm by now!), hosed down our muds, I mean bikes, and made a right mess of the bathroom!  Sorry Housekeeping!  Some evidential photos for some of you who believe that we just don't get muddy, unlike Tony who is lucky (or smart) enough to have mud guards, I look like I have had a whoopsy in my shorts......think I might be visiting Halfords tomorrow for some of those treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment